Friday, April 3, 2009

Welcome to Friday

I always look forward to Fridays. It's the end of a work week, it's the beginning of a weekend. Friday's is my day to make my list of "to do" items for the next week. It's the day to head to Rustic Knolls for a relaxing weekend of camping, building a campfire, reading, no TV, listening to the Buckeye football games on the radio, reconnecting with myself. I am thankful for Friday's in many other ways as well--2 great sons who are loving husbands and fathers, great daughter-in-laws, 2 beautiful and healthy grandsons, my hubby of almost 7 years, friends, my career, my health, and my little sister and her family. Living closer to our aging parents, she has taken on the brunt of the responsibility for keeping a watchful eye out on them. Most importantly though is that she and her hubby have full responsibility for our Dad every weekend while our 74 year old mother is working at a local nursing home to support their income. Dad is rapidly worsening with his Alzheimer's, thus it is harder to keep up with him. I don't tell her often enough how grateful I am that she has been willing to take on this responsibility. I hope to give her at least one weekend's relief when Rich and I go to Oklahoma in May. Until then, Sis, hang in there.
If you scroll down further, you will see my purple Alzheimer's ribbon in honor of my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment