Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Madness

Normally I don't mind Monday's. It's another start of a work week. I don't mind the extra phone calls, the extra surveillance I have to do on the nursing units. I'm the Employee Health Nurse Coordinator and the Infection Control Officer. A lot of my daily activities is monitoring all the patients that are on the units for signs/symptoms of infections, monitoring all the microbiology reports, making sure the staff is using proper gear, washing their hands, etc. Today started at 3:30AM and didn't end until 7:30 PM tonight. Needless to say, it was definitely a mad Monday. Besides the usual Monday routine, I had 3 meetings scheduled, and had to do FIT testing on our local squad units for HEPA fitness masks (in the event of a TB outbreak). They were late for their scheduled times, one was even 40 minutes late and still expected me to do the 25 minute test. Another showed up this afternoon and wanted me to get back out all the supplies and do his test then, even though he was scheduled at 8:00 this morning. He was not happy when I told him he would have to reschedule at a later date. Definitely not a normal busy Monday.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a manic Monday to me! Hope the week gets better from here. I love your new template, and header, cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete