Saturday, April 4, 2009

Things in a Jar

I have officially started my Spring cleaning. Today, it's the kitchen. I have an old cupboard that belonged to Rich's grandmother. Inside is cookbooks and on top is a collection of fancy decorated jars with all kinds of wonderful things in them. I've received many of them as gifts while other's I've purchased. I've decided to use two of them tonight. One is for scalloped potatoes with ham and the other is for a German apple cobbler. It's interesting what you find tucked away is the far recesses of a tall cupboard. Finding those treasures started a hunt for a book that I have featuring all sorts of gifts in a jar. Here are three of my favorite ones.

BROWN SUGAR BODY SCRUB
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
Mix well


DRY SKIN FACIAL
1 tbs. dry oatmeal
1/2 mashed ripe banana
2 oz. plain yogurt
Cleanse face, steam, splash with cool water and pat dry.
Massage with the dry oatmeal. Rinse off.
Then apply a mask made by mixing yogurt and banana; spread evenly on face. Leave on for 20 minutes; rinse off.

YOGURT BODY SCRUB
1 tablespoon table salt
1 tablespoon flavored yogurt
3 tablespoons baby oil
Mix in small bowl. Ingredient amounts can vary depending on your taste.
This scrub is wonderful for winter dry skin, especially where the legs are shaved repeatedly. This is not only a dead skin remover but a reconditioner as well. It works well on other body parts as well.

After I'm done with the kitchen today, I wonder what other treasures I might find in other rooms?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I would love to try out some of these! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete