Sunday, June 7, 2009

Back Home

It's good to be home again. We had a wonderful visit with my Mom and Dad, my little sister: Brenda and her hubby Richard, Liz and Jason and their 4 children, as well as getting to talk with my other neice Becky via phone. Can't wait to go back next June for Becky's wedding. It certainly is a long drive-18 hours, but worth it in the long run. We got a lot of little chores done at parent's house. Since Dad has Alzheimer's and Mom's day is spent tending to him and following his every move, it is next to impossible for her to get anything done. Now that his confusion has taken over more than his logical and reasoning ability, we showed her how to start and run the riding lawn mower, use the weedeater, etc.

We came back to overloaded strawberry beds, overgrown lawns, and growing gardens-both flower and vegetable. I'll post pictures later this evening. For now, it's off to my husband's family renunion (from his mother's side).

No comments:

Post a Comment